Around the world, people lack access to food, clean water, sanitation, education and opportunity. Each gift to One Great Hour of Sharing (OGHS) serves to help change the lives of people in these challenging situations. This Offering provides a way to share God’s love with our neighbors in need. One Great Hour of Sharing, received during the month of April this year, makes a difference in the world through three impactful programs:
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA)
- Works within communities as they recover and find hope after the devastation of natural or human-caused disasters
- Receives 32% of funds raised
Presbyterian Hunger Program (PHP)
- Takes action to alleviate hunger and its systemic causes, and helps create access to healthy food for entire communities.
- Receives 36% of funds raised.
Self-Development of People (SDOP)
- Partners with people and communities with tools for development and education to alleviate poverty, oppression and injustice.
- Receives 32% of funds raised.
What started as an hour long radio appeal in 1949 has become the most participated-in Offering in the PC (USA). Today, projects supported by One Great Hour of Sharing are underway in more than 100 countries. To learn more visit: specialofferings.pcusa.org/oghs